Search Box

Thursday 7 February 2013

Chez Victor (La Pyramide)

Chez Victor Menu
Chez Victor Menu
When asked what would be a fairly casual restaurant for burgers, I keep getting the answer, "Chez Victor has the best burgers." So I definitely could not leave Quebec without visiting Chez Victor and see what they're all about. Chez Victor is like a chain restaurant so they have many locations. After classes, my friends and I visited the La Pyramide, which is a small shopping centre, in Ste-Foy. 
Chez Victor at La Pyramide
The interior of the restaurant was nice, and not as casual as I expected. I think the atmosphere is similar to Earl's. Upon looking at their menu, I realized they had a wide range of unique burgers. For example, they had "l'escargot" (snails) and "le sanglier" (boar). I don't think I'd be able to find those burgers in Vancouver, so I liked how they included a bit of their own specialities and culture in it. I've never had snails before, but I decided that I didn't want to lose my snail virginity by having a snail burger. So, I decided to go with the Classic (beef, mozzarella cream cheese, bacon, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise, and mustard). All their burgers come with fries, and you have the option of changing it to poutine for $3, which is just what I did.
Le Classique
(Boeuf, mozzarella ou fromage à la crème, bacon, champignons et
oignons sautés, tomates, laitue, cornichons, mayonnaise, moutarde forte)
The burger was tasty, but I didn't find anything over the bar about the burger. Maybe I should have gone with one of the unique burgers, next time! I think the highlight of my meal was in fact, the poutine.
Yum! Unlike typical poutines, this one was done with cream cheese. I actually wish I didn't get cream cheese in my burger because I had a little too much cream cheese that day. Super heavy poutine that I had to bring home. Poutine with cream cheese is just amazing and something you gotta try! (Even though a couple of my friends preferred Chez Ashton's poutine with curds of cheese as they thought this was too creamy.) I don't think they are really comparable, they are just two different things and gives off a totally different taste/feeling. Please do not ask me which one I like prefer because you'd have to treat me to both for me to decide.
Poutine with cream cheese
Chez Victor on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment